Apply for Housing: New First-Years
IMPORTANT: Any student that submits their housing application between March 1st and May 1st will have access to the Roommate Matching and Choose Your Room processes. There is no preference given to students who submit their applications earlier within this two-month window. For example, an application submitted on May 1st will be reviewed the same way as an application submitted on March 1st.
Application Opens on March 1, 2024
- Apply and be accepted to Baylor University.
- Submit the non-refundable $500 enrollment deposit in goBAYLOR.
- Enroll with DUO Two-Factor authentication.
- Submit Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination (more information in goBAYLOR).
- Submit your Housing Application through your MyHousing Portal beginning March 1.
- Participate in Roommate Matching and access Community Waitlists beginning May 14.
- Participate in Choose Your Room from May 28 - June 7.
Housing Application Notes
- Students must submit their Housing Application by May 1 to participate in Roommate Matching and Choose Your Room.
- Students who submit their Housing Application by May 1 will be notified of their Approved Community and Choose Your Room timeslot by May 14.
- Students who do not participate in Choose Your Room will be assigned to an available room by Campus Living & Learning. Students will be notified of their housing assignment in mid-June.
- First-year students are required to live on campus for their first two semesters at Baylor. Students who do not complete the housing application by May 31 are subject to forfeiting their spot in the incoming fall class.
A student must meet one of the following criteria to qualify for a Residency Exemption:
- Have graduated from a McLennan County high school and choose to reside with a parent/legal guardian whose primary residence is in McLennan County.
- Are 21 years of age before the first day of class
- Are married
- Have dependents